We know that making a difference in the world takes time, effort, and expertise. That’s why we’ve been helping families and individuals navigate the complexity of effective philanthropy for nearly 30 years.
We can customize solutions and services for your unique vision and journey, whether you’re new to philanthropy or a seasoned changemaker. We understand that giving looks different for everyone, and we’re here to help you make the most of your time and resources.
Our range of services is flexible and tailored to your individual needs. We don’t manage donor assets or charge any hidden fees. We work with you as a fair and transparent advisor, billing only for the services we provide. You can choose to meet with us monthly, quarterly, or as often as you like. It’s up to you.
Together, we can make a difference on the issues that matter most.
Here are a few ways we can help:
Vantage Point Statement
How It Works
We use a Process Consulting approach that begins with a discovery conversation to identify your goals and the “why” behind your goals. Through this initial engagement, we will ask questions, dig a little deeper and ensure we are talking about the right issues and setting the right goals. Together, we will decide if Vantage Point is the right partner for you and what our path forward should look like. We will never recommend services you don’t want or need.
In our initial conversations, to make sure we set you up for success, we will ask who else needs to be engaged to ensure an equitable process and outcome; we will talk about current and desired alignment within your organization, your family and/or your partnerships; and we’ll focus the discussion around practical and adaptive solutions.
As we continue to work alongside you, we’ll co-develop a roadmap to help you move from where you are today to where you want to be tomorrow. Throughout the journey, we will help you learn, adapt and grow your leadership capacity to achieve and manage sustainable success and continuous improvement.
Process Consulting is grounded in three core concepts*:
Listen and Learn
- Interview key stakeholders to learn about their philanthropic experiences and goals.
- Review important documents to ensure that our work is compliant and aligned with our values.
- Learn from other funders and experts to gain insights and best practices.
Reflect and Collaborate on a Plan of Action
- Compile the information gathered for the funder.
- Look for areas of agreement for moving forward, as well as areas of general disagreement that we can either leave behind or address in order to move forward.
- Recommend options for how to move forward and collect feedback on how those options might be further customized and adopted.
- Recommend updates and revisions to bylaws and policies to empower an adopted plan.
- Generate policies as necessary to develop a philanthropic culture and agreed upon set of rules for all stakeholders.
- Generate operation plans, inclusive of grantmaking calendars, to streamline the grantmaking experience.